Researchers at the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing with the permission of the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center are conducting a study to learn more about the lived experience of individuals who experienced a military sexual trauma.
You may take part in this research study if you:
- Have experienced a military sexual trauma (sexually assaulted or harassed while serving in the military) during any era, conflict, or peacetime
You may not take part in this research study if you:
- Are under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the interview
- Are experiencing psychotic or manic symptoms which would interfere with your being able to focus on the interview
- Are currently experiencing an acute crisis which would prohibit you from being able to focus on the interview
- Are currently seen by the researcher for care (to be determined during intial phone contact)
What will be asked of you to do?
- Talk with the female researcher to learn more about the study so you can make an informed decision
- Be willing to talk about your life after the military sexual trauma occurred
- Participate in an interview of about 60-90 minutes (you may be asked to participate in a second interview if you agree to it)
- Review a summary of the findings from everyone who participated ot ensure your experience is accurately represented
- You will be compensated for participation in this study.
If you are interested in learning more about this study or if you have questions, please contact the researcher at 440-382-8636