NEW YORK, NY–(Marketwire – March 16, 2010) – MaleSurvivor (www.MaleSurvivor.org), an international organization dedicated to issues surrounding the sexual victimization of boys and men, will host an Author’s Reception and International Panel for attendees and media during their bi-annual international conference.
The 2010 conference will take place at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City from Thursday, March 18, 2010 through Sunday, March 21, 2010.
Originally geared toward clinicians and behavioral health professionals the conference has grown to include survivors and their loved ones, attorneys, law enforcement professionals, legal advocates, researchers, educators, and students.
Now, members of the media who are interested in learning more about these issues are invited to join the discussion and meet leading educators and researches in the field.
During the reception, media will be given the opportunity to meet and conduct interviews with authors such as: Theoron Fleury, Olympic Gold Medalist, Stanley Cup Champion, and author of “Playing with fire”; Robert Oxnam, Ph.D., author of “My fractured mind: my life with multiple personality disorder”; Robert Weiss, LCSW, CSAT, Founder of the Sexual Recovery Institute and author of “Cybersex exposed”; Dr. Joe Kort, author of “Mending a shattered heart: a guide for partners of sex addicts”; and Ken Adams, Ph.D., author of “When he’s married to mom,” and “Silently Seduced.”
Immediately following the reception, media are invited to join other attendees for the International Panel. The learning objectives of the panel are to:
- Establish an international perspective on male sexual victimization and recovery.
- Learn of the issues facing professionals in the United Kingdom, Norway, Denmark, Switzerland, Canada, Jamaica, Cambodia, Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
- Learn of specific resources and projects established for male survivors outside the United States.
- To make clear that male sexual victimization is a worldwide issue and not that of any single country.
- To forge an international support community for professionals in the field.
Media are invited as follows:
Date: Friday, March 19, 2010
Time: 5:15 – 6pm Author’s Reception, 6:15 — 7:45pm, International Panel
Venue: Auxiliary Gymnasium, located in the T-Building of John Jay College